Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Title fight: Dog vs Bathmat

Before: A Sheridan bathmat, given to us as a wedding present 15 years ago, came off second-best in a recent scuffle with Buster the bathmat-chewing mutt. I was pretty annoyed as even though it was 15 years old, it was still our best bathmat!


Some close-ups of the sad mess on two of the corners...



After: The result of the fight was the dog banished outside for good, a trimmed-down version of the bathmat and some red satin ribbon binding. Dog 0, Bathmat 1. 
 


I had some fun practising my free motion quilting along the edge. I tried some leaves...


And some stars...



And a secret message for those who bothered to look closely enough.  


I actually made this several months ago, but slow internet has put me off regular posting. In those months, no-one has yet discovered my message. So it remains a secret - at least from the residents of this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment