Sunday, March 30, 2014

Old tablerunner = new toiletry bag

Found this length of brown fabric, which I am only guessing was a tablerunner due to the fringing, in the free bin at Revolve (what a treasure trove that is!)


I have been wanting to make some reusable fruit and vegie bags to use at the supermarket, instead of using the plastic ones. So when I saw it, my first thought was 'Vegie bags'. It is a lovely light fabric and is shot through with bits of dark brown and gold. Far too see-through for clothing. But good for a vegie bag...


So, I whipped up a very simple drawstring bag, quite bodgily, with reused white ribbon and did not even bother matching the thread, just used what was on the machine - purple. However, it turns out that it was not as see-through as I thought - in fact impossible to tell what fruit or vege I put in the bag. Ba-bummm...never mind, I have been wanting a new overnight toiletry bag for some time, so that is what I now have...!


There's still loads of fabric left. So it may be turned into an item of clothing after all. Still need to find some fabric that is actually see-through for my F&V bags though...


No comments:

Post a Comment